- Please do not clean fish in campsites or washrooms. Fish must be cleaned on the beach or at the fish station by the ramp. Please return the waste from fish, and shellfish to well below the high tide level and not in the garbage bins. Waste and garbage lying around will attract bears and other wild animals.
- No generators from May 1 – September 30.
- No dirt bikes or ATV’s are permitted on this campground or on the beach. They are to be parked in the parking lot.
- In the campground, dogs must be leashed and under owner’s control. Owners must clean up after all pets.
- There are no pets allowed in our or around cabins.
- No fireworks permitted
- Ensure that your vehicle or equipment does not block access to other campsites, even if they are vacant sites.
- Playground, swimming in river and dock areas are not supervised. Use at your own risk. Children are not allowed on the boat ramp dock unless supervised by an adult.
- Please don’t litter!! Trash bins and recycling bins are located next to the washrooms. Please don’t leave garbage in fire pits.
- If a group is renting multiple sites, a guest staying at each site must register in the office.
Use Of Sani-Dump
Guests will be charged for use in addition to site rental fee. Outside, non-registered visitors will be charged a higher rate for using the sani-dump.
If you expect to arrive later than 7 pm, please call us at 250-949-0378 and we will continue to hold your reservation or have your cabin open for you.
Credit Cards and Debit Cards
We accept Visa, Master Card, AMEX and Debit cards . No cheques. No refunds.
When are Check In and Check Out Times?
- Check in for campsites is 12 noon.
- Checkout is 11 am for campsites.
- Check in for cottages in 3 pm.
- Checkout is 10:30 am.
What About Quiet Times
Quiet time begins at 10 pm. Many of our guests are early risers. This is a family resort and we strongly discourage loud music and rude language or behaviour at any time.
What is the deposit and cancellation policy?
The Resort will take a deposit when a site or cottage is booked, using the credit card information provided. The amount of the deposit varies on the type of accommodations and the length of stay. Deposits will be refunded (minus a 25% administration fee) if cancelled at least 14 days prior to the start of the booking. More details can be found on this page.
What is your pet policy?
Well-behaved dogs are welcome in the campground but they must be on leashes and owners must pick up droppings. Remember, at Cluxewe your pet is at the edge of a wilderness, complete with predators. Leashing dogs makes them much safer. We no longer permit pets in our cabins.
Do you rent campsites by the month?
Current monthly rate is as follows:
- ALL sites are $17.00/night if booked and paid monthly.
Can there be more than one unit on a campsite?
To avoid overcrowding, we want just one RV per site. A small tent can also be included. However a couple of sites ( 55, and 56) are bigger than others and can accommodate an additional RV as follows: Sites 55 and 56, when rented by a group together, can house one small, additional RV (23 feet or less), for a total of three on these two sites. There will be an extra charge ($19/night, the rate for unserviced campsites) for the extra unit in these sites.
If I’m not a registered guest, may I still visit Cluxewe?
You may visit registered guests in their campsite or cottage, or you can simply walk through the Resort and enjoy the views. However, it’s important that you do not block accesses or park in campsites – even if they are currently empty (that means guests may be arriving later). There is ample parking in the lot across from the office. We also ask that you stop in the office and let us know about your visit. When you visit, respecting wildlife is essential. Don’t attempt to feed bears or other animals or disturb them in any way.If you are visiting a registered guest, we ask that you leave by 10 pm, when “quiet time” begins. We welcome your visit; if you aren’t a guest now, perhaps you will become one in the future!
If I’m not a registered guest, may I still fish along the beach or use the boat ramp?
For unregistered guests, use of the boat ramp costs $5. If you plan to fish along the beach, we ask that you check in at the office first. Also, a donation would be most welcome. It will be put toward Cluxewe River rehabilitation projects.
Can I make reservations for next year?
Reservations can be made for the following year starting on January 15 of each year. Reservations for 2017 can be booked beginning on January 15, 2016 – by telephone or email. Long-term guests with historical files in our reservation system get first choice.
Cluxewe Resort does not share contact information and credit card numbers collected from guests with other businesses or individuals unless required to do so by law.
Cluxewe Resort is privately owned and operated. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone and will not be responsible for accidents, injuries to our guests, or loss of equipment or valuables of any kind.